7.01.2010

the random drunken injury

have you ever had an awesome party weekend full of booze and general tomfoolery and then a few days later you notice all these bruises and cuts on you, and it's surprising because you have very little memory of how they got there?  bueller?...bueller?  this happened to me last weekend and i am still finding signs of random drunken injury, or R.D.I. as i'm now going to call it.  i guess this sounds way more severe than it actually is, it's not like i gashed my head open or anything, but i have a killer bruise, it's like 6 inches long, behind my knee that hurt real bad until today.  i'm pretty sure brandon's got similar bruises since we were the ones attempting to board the pontoon boat from the front - while in the water - without the aid of a ladder (ladders, ha.  i shall use my brute strength to get on the boat!)  i'm also missing a small chunk of flesh from my knuckle- got no idea how that happened.  all i know is that one minute i'm floating along in the lake and the next i'm handing andy a beer and my finger's all bloody.  weird.  and then there was that time i jumped into the lake "knees first" not realizing how shallow...yeah, that one didn't end well.  anyone else have any good R.D.I. stories?   

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I will not tell my RDI stories here, but please be thankful, as I am, that you and I are alive!

Naomi said...

i'm just now catching up to your blog! yes, i would imagine you and brandon's random attempts to board the boat without a ladder caused a number of injuries. although i thought it was pretty bad ass! i walked away from that weekend with several bruises and a decent sized burn on the back of my hand caused by BACON. that wasn't an RDI though as much as it was a meat-related injury.