2.22.2008

blood issues revisited

i gave blood at the red cross yesterday so i have marks and bruises on my arms. yes, arms. that's because after i filled up and entire bag with blood, the flow wasn't good enough to fill the remaining tubes (they stuck me in a weird part of my arm, too...i was like "dude what are you doing...") so they got me in the other arm to get a fresh flow. yum. oh and apparently one bowl of oatmeal, cup of yogurt, trail mix, and granola bar isn't enough food before noon, because i almost blacked out when they started taking blood from my 2nd arm. the nurses or whatever were like "oh honey, i know we all like to watch our weight, but you should eat more!" anyway, my boss noticed my bruised arms and was like "what'd you do to yourself?!" i am not too happy with the experience but at least i'm saving lives.

also, i asked the ppl at the red cross if i could have some of my blood, like, the excess that remains in the tube. this makes sense if you've been reading my previous posts. they thought i was crazy. i guess that's a "no."


i meant to post the following stuff a few days ago but never got around to it. so here it is.

some things that have a high probability of sucking, but actually rule:

1. publix butter pecan frozen yogurt - i love ice cream but have been trying to avoid the stuff, so i took a gamble on this, hoping it would be a viable alternative. i thought i would be disappointed, mainly because it's frozen yogurt (rather than like, low-fat ice cream) and because i've been disappointed by the publix store brand in the past.

2. free car wash (with purchase of oil change) at "car spa" - i guess if it's free then you really can't go wrong, but even some free things aren't worth the extra time. anyway, i got my car washed on friday and it looked real sexy. and whatever is in the secret sauce in the wash tunnel repelled the rain from my car's hood & windshield very nicely.

No comments: