1.13.2008

the end of a busy weekend

and here begins the last post of my 3-day blog assignment.

met my mom in cartersville at my grandma's house so that she could alter the dress i'm wearing in kristen's wedding. fortunately for her the dress fit pretty well to begin with and nothing drastic needed to be done. but i must say that my mom is a genius with a sewing machine. and she's genius at tons of other stuff too. it's pretty cool having a mom that can do awesome mom stuff, but she kinda screwed me out of learning how to do stuff for myself - when i was a kid she was always cooking, ironing, sewing, gardening, etc. i think i tried sewing once but i was pretty bad. plus, it was always easier for her to sew buttons on and hem my pants so i would always ask her to do it for me. i remember her trying to teach me some baking techniques a few times. i didn't really want to learn so i'd just spill stuff everywhere and act goofy on purpose so that she'd relieve me of my duties. and she did. i think i pulled that crap with doing the laundry as well. so these days i really suck at domestic stuff, but i totally don't care. i've got better things to do than stand around baking casseroles. the cool thing is that andy doesn't seem to mind. poor guy. anyway, i still make my mom hem my pants. but at least i can sew on a button.

oh, i'm not done. i went to kristen's bridal shower luncheon thingy at her parents house at 3pm. and then i went shopping at marshall's for some pants to wear to work, because all the work-appropriate pants i have don't really fit that great and i hate wearing them. plus, they are boring and conservative and i'm really trying to ditch that look. i found some cute pants on the clearance rack (as if i'd shop anywhere else) and i *just* noticed that there is a little embroidered skull and crossbones thingy near the front pocket. pretty rad. and i found a funky skirt on clearance from the "laundry" line by shelli segal so i got that too. i've kinda turned into a brand whore. like, i'll troll through the clearance rack and if its got a "roxy" or "volcom" or similar label then i'm totally game, even if the item isn't that awesome. but yeah, i can get some totally high-quality stuff for cheap. my best pair of ski gloves - patagonia brand - i got at ross in august for 5 bucks. i think those things retailed for $80. aight this is getting boring...

maybe if you're lucky i'll post something before next week. ;-)

No comments: