8.26.2010

jim "ices" my brother

a bunch of us went to the beach last week. chad had two smirnoff ices in his cooler and we all know those are good for one thing and one thing only.  i can't remember whose idea it was to ice my brother, but seeing as though he was the one to introduce it to me, it seemed only fitting that i'd get him at his own game.

i only have photos of the setup:



it was jim's idea to make an elephant out of towels. we spent a few minutes watching instructional videos on youtube and after a few crappy elephants we ended up with a good one.

john & marissa got to the house later that evening and after chatting for a few minutes walked right into the trap.  i'm pissed i didn't get photos but he grabbed the ice and chugged it so fast i didn't even have time to reach for my camera. john iced jim later in the week with the one remaining smirnoff. he even waited until jim had gone to the grocery store, basically giving him a chance to defend himself.

if you haven't heard of "icing a bro," it appears that you're too late to check out the original website.  i didn't know what it was either until john told me about it several months ago.  go ahead and look it up on you tube.  but don't spend too much time looking at the videos - you'll never get that time back.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I can't believe that English Muffin took part in this! And who is Kitty with the wonderful elephant? Jim might be as weird as my children! Can't wait for your next blog entry...

E said...

Icing has become one of my favorite things since my friends think it is hilarious to ice everyone who walks through their door. So for payback for one of the guys who doesn't stop EVER we got him while he was out of town by wrapping everything in his room with wrapping paper (bed, desk, dresser, tv, remote, ect.) and putting ices under the wrapping paper so as he unwrapped he was continually getting iced.
I did originally waste a good hour on the original website and watching videos. It was such an entertaining waste of time! Good icing story, I might have to try to make an elephant now!