6.02.2010

just call me ol' yarn hair

friday is the first game of the summer ice hockey rec league. i'm glad, because i'm getting sick of jogging at 6:30am just to stay in reasonable shape. andy & i are on the stars again, which is great because the captain (matt asher) always drafts people who are fun, sociable, and not a-holes. asher also likes chicks on his team - this season half the roster is female. i'm cool with that, because girls usually don't smell as bad as dudes. the team doesn't usually have a winning record. there are many conclusions you can draw from these facts, but let's not go there.

i always look forward to the draft, mainly so i can see if asher gave me a ridiculous nickname. here's the screen shot from last season, followed by this season:


so as you see, last season i was "yarn hair," i'm guessing because my name is anne, my boyfriend's name is andy, so we're like raggedy ann & andy...who both have yarn for hair? got it. and then watergirl: i always fill my water bottle with filtered water instead of cooler water and i don't like other people drinking out of my bottle. asher always brings a bunch of water bottles filled with grody water and i tend to complain about it. it's true.

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Hey Yarn Hair, Watergirl! Send me the schedule for the Stars. I hope to come to watch you and Andy play this summer. See you Friday.

Andy said...

Why am I AA? Is it because we never stay and drink after the game?

Unknown said...

i'm thinking b/c you play in the AA open league. i think he's taking a shot at you; maybe he thinks that *you* think you're better than everyone else since you play in the better league ;)

Mary Ellen said...

Andy IS AA times 2! I'm hoping that means he is the A+ player on the team, Anne! Andy's the best!