5.28.2009

on this day in 1982

anne's birthday. also known as:

  • international anne day - courtesy of blake hennon
  • national anne day of sweetness (or NADS) - from matt weeks

as of right now i have gotten 24 birthday wall posts on facebook. the mix of people who wish me a happy birthday is a little weird. some of these people probably couldn't even pinpoint the month of my birthday, but whatever, i appreciate the sentiment. i do.

the collection of people who posted on my wall includes 3 distinct sub-groups:

1. people i know really well: boyfriend, mother, aunt, cousin. these people no doubt felt obligated to post, even though they sent me a card and/or called me, or even saw me that day. so, that's fine.

2. people who i'd definitely consider my friends, but with whom i don't communicate regularly: these people probably saw that a mutual friend (most likely in this same group) sent me a message and they wanted to do the same. unlike members of group 1, these people did not post out of obligation. i'd like to think that people in this group genuinely wanted to wish me a happy birthday. that's pretty awesome.

3. a few random outliers: some creepy guy i met at a party, someone i wasn't really ever friends with in high school but for some reason is my "friend," my boyfriend's coworker, etc.

as for the people that didn't wish me a happy birthday on facebook: you guys are probably the coolest, because you're not addicted to facebook.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Well said! obtw Did you get that Donavan was drafted by the Padres?

Naomi said...

YES!!!!! i did not post on facebook! i would have if i had been on there though. i saw your mom's comment about donovan. pretty sweet stuff. hi mary ellen! =)