10.11.2011

costume phase 2

well...sorry to disappoint, but there is no phase 2. construction came together rather fast. if i showed you a pic there wouldn't be much of a guessing game left. so here are some hints: there's no historical or pop-culture basis, mine has a moving part, and andy is reusing the white pants he wore last year as colonel sanders.

oh and check this out - denver got the first snow of the season on saturday. i set my alarm for 7:30am so i could spray paint pieces of my costume. the reason it had to be that early is because the only place for me to paint is in the parking garage and i knew no one would be up at that hour on a saturday. i really didn't need an audience (or people telling me not to spray paint near their cars). i opened my blinds at 7:30, saw that most of the ground was covered in snow, and couldn't stop laughing. i think it was 65 the day before.  then the snow melted 3 hours later. apparently that's the way it goes around here.

----

ok so you think my blatant disregard for proper capitalization is annoying? try this on for size:

Hi. Were. Interested. Thanks. 

this was a response from something i posted on freecycle the other day. weird, but excusable. maybe he was sending from his mobile device. but then later i got this:

Ok. That. Sounds. Great. See. You. Tomorrow yes. I. Will. Call. When on. My. Way.

seriously? man, there are weird people on freecycle.  and then i got another message:

Sorry. Couldn't. Make. It. Today.  Drain. Backed. Up. Had. To. Rent. 100 ft. Snake. And. Roto the. Drain. I can. Come. Pick. Up. In. The. AM. ON. WEDNESDAY i promise. Thanks. So. Much. For. Under standing. 

dude. what is up with the periods?! what kind of person does this? if he ends up picking up his item (don't worry, he's meeting me at work and not at my apartment) i'll let you know what he looks like. i bet he pulls up in a panel van wearing an eye patch or something. 

4 comments:

Naomi said...

can't wait to see the costume! i wish you were around so i could be a roach this year. even though i have no plans for halloween.

i want to hear details about the crazy punctuation person when you meet him in person. that. is. just. TOO. WEIRD.

and sorry that i've sucked at commenting on your posts. i have read and loved them all!

Unknown said...

So. Did. You. Meet. The. Guy. Or. Not.

Mary Ellen said...

OK I don't have a guess about the costume. But I do have a guess about the weird guy! I bet he thinks he is super cool. Please let us know about this dude.

Anonymous said...

It is nice to find other people who still care about the language and resist text speak like U do too
(sorry for the joke)I try to look after the writing on my blog because I have no other way of attracting people. Please visit:

http://andycummudgeon.blogspot.com/