7.13.2011

and i'll never know how this one turned out...

woooo, i have the internet (and tv) at home now so the regular blogging can resume!

if you know me well, you may recall the story about my car being towed from andy's visitor lot about 2 years ago. i blogged about it here, but didn't include a lot of detail. the main point is that some annoying elderly person on the parking committee had my car towed at 2:30am.  the whole thing was completely unnecessary - several witnesses (woken up by the noise, of course) identified the perpetrator and told me the lot wasn't even full at the time. this person broke procedure and failed to put a warning sticker on my car.  it was obvious he/she was just trying to prove a point by being an asshole. ugh, elderly assholes are the worst, because i almost start feeling sorry for them.

anyway, the night before the big move to denver, andy was going through his stuff and found his parking warning stickers and tow stickers (he had been on the committee as well). all it took was for him to say "hey, maybe we should put these on so-and-so's car before we move out" and, well, see for yourself:


ok so i know this is really lame revenge, but i didn't want to give this person any reason to call the cops for destruction of property or something. figured i'd leave it as a harmless prank. so, we'll never know what happened, because the car was still there the next day as we were moving out, just as we left it. and then we left atlanta for denver.

2 comments:

myblackfriendsays said...

seems like a reasonable prank.

on an unrelated note: I know you have no idea who I am and I know that I leave a fair number of comments on your blog, so I feel like I should say more about what my deal is, so it isn't as weird ;)

I think I found your blog by clicking the "next blog" button on blogger. random, but your stories are funny and how many people out there call themselves "glass half empty" types? Not many.

And a joke I think you will appreciate--the word verification to post this comment is 'beers.' Heh heh.

Mary Ellen said...

I am so glad you let me see this! This is great! Did Richard not report on what happened? This is so great! And I guess we'll just never know......