6.14.2011

free money

a few weekends ago i found a bunch of foreign coins in a drawer that i was either collecting for no reason or saving just in case i was to travel abroad again.  beats me.  i figured it was about $10 US so i took the coins home with me. today i went to exchange them for US dollars.  i went to the big wells fargo bank across from my office. teller #1 said sorry we don't do that, try the airport.  and i'm like, uh, you're a bank.  in a major city.  and you can't exchange my coins?  supervisor overheard our conversation and said, yes, we can exchange foreign currency, so teller #2 (my favorite teller, jessica watson jackson!) started counting it all out.  among the british coins and euro coins and a few mexican peso coins i had one coin for the new hampshire tollway system. awesome. as jessica was bagging it all up, the same supervisor came over and said, oh, we don't exchange coins, we only exchange paper money.  i'm like what the hell kind of bank is this? confused, i said "well, is there any place nearby that might exchange them for me?" and she said go to the airport.  huh.  last time i checked the airport was 22 miles from me.  not exactly "nearby."

meh.

3 comments:

Mary Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Ellen said...

I say mail em to Daniel!

Melanie B said...

We had to go to the airport to exchange some money, too. We just saved it until we were going anyways. It was all money that Scott had left over from high school and college trips. When we got to the counter, they told us that some of it was outdated and no longer in circulation so they could not exchange it. (crickets chirping). I won't tell you what year he graduated....