10.13.2010

costume phase 1.5

i found some more materials so phase 2 is being postponed.  i decided to buy all this stuff so that if my costume needs to undergo more than 1 iteration i have plenty of supplies.  

cardboard, foam, & random synthetics



the red things you see are vinyl placemats and there's a bag of polyfill just to the left. i got all this at thrift stores.  unfortunately a small can of spray adhesive set me back eight bucks.  as you can gather from the photo i have yet to begin construction.  borrowing an electric carving knife from my grandma this weekend.  why?  to shape the foam, duh.  i got that handy tip from an instructional video about how to make a giant angry human-sized sandwich costume.  no, i'm not planning on being a sandwich...per se.  but anyway, as i sketch and envision my costume i can't help but feel nervous that maybe i've gotten in over my head.  although i guess if i fail horribly i'll have enough foam to do something lame.  like a piece of bread.  or cheese.  


2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Lookin good!

Kalinighta said...

Wow, your blog is really funny! I like your sense of humor and it's very interesting :)