8.19.2009

kenton & chris got my back on this one :)

i was going to type out a hypothetical scenario to replace what actually happened to me a few days ago, but it got a little convoluted. this involves my job. i usually try to avoid work-related anecdotes for obvious reasons...but this one's good.

i was leaving the office a little after 5 on monday afternoon and i got a phone call. i don't get a lot of calls so i was already thinking it was a wrong number or something. so the guy, harvey, on the other end of the phone starts telling me he's calling in regard to an ad on craigslist, and immediately i assumed he was talking about the printer or the computer i had just listed. he went on about an install disc for an ibook and i'm like hold on a minute, is something wrong with the ibook (because i sold one to some guy like 6 months ago) and then it's obvious we are talking about two separate things. he explained that his wife posted an ad about needing an install disc and someone had replied saying to contact *me* because i could get him the discs.

apparently my boss is trolling craigslist trying to create work for me because he doesn't think i have enough to do. i mean, i know that's not it, but it's just another one of those things that makes me shake my head and say "oh, michael..." you know the worst part of the whole thing is that i could have / should have just told the dude "no" and that'd be the end of it. two days later i'm still waiting on him to figure out his paypal account so he can send me money to cover postage.

No comments: