12.18.2007

holiday woes

i usually find myself in the holiday spirit once mid-december rolls around, but not this time, and i'm *still* not feelin it. i'm not even that bummed about it either, which has me a bit perplexed. perhaps my lack of Christmas cheer can be attributed to the unseasonably warm weather (until about two days ago). maybe it's because this is the first year i've had a normal full-time job where i have to work just as hard right up until Christmas as i do any other day. maybe i have nothing to blame other than my frugality - i never buy decorations, although i did spring for a roll of wrapping paper the other day, which, by the way, was a huge mistake only because i think i'm still young enough to get away with wrapping gifts in newspaper. i got a few holiday cards, all from my coworkers with photos of their children. i guess there's nothing wrong with putting your kids on cards, but i'm like, dude, i don't even know your kids, and now they're on my fridge because i don't have the heart to just chuck the card. maybe this lack of hope/enthusiasm is only due to the fact that i'm getting older, and that's just the way things go.


anyway, i'm going to park city, utah with my family on saturday. i'm sure my holiday woes will be cured once i see all that snow. i'll be shreddin the pow on Christmas day for sure.

No comments: